Wednesday, December 12, 2007

MP3 ESP

So Ike Turner croaked, which is weird because the JUST other day my iTunes decided to play Tina Turner's "I Can't Stand the Rain" from the fantastic Private Dancer album and I thought, "Wow, she's really talented. Ike kind of deserves to go to hell for what he did to her."

And now he has.

Oh, calm down. I'm just kidding (maybe). But you can surely tell how concerned I am about the effect his exit from the world will have. I have to say though, that I love that People.com notes Ike and Tina's relationship as "tempestuous", when I would have said something like, "He beat the crap out of her constantly." I know you're not supposed to speak ill of the dead but a) even my description is mild, b) "not speaking ill" doesn't mean lying and c) the whole point of that rule is because the dead can't defend themselves, and like Ike would have given a hoot what I think or say.

Anyway, I feel for his family, but that's about as far as my sympathy goes.

No comments: