Saturday, June 21, 2008

Check check check

I have successfully arrived in London, which is a huge relief. I'd forgotten how daunting it could be to travel alone and I've never been this far alone before. But everything was pretty much as I remembered, making it a lot easier. My room is the typical college dorm room at University of London and the law program is sharing the hall with people that are clearly younger and louder. When I signed in there weren't a lot of people here yet, but I expect to see more of them in the morning. Today wasn't going to be very social anyway - a baby on the plane kept everyone who didn't have earplugs awake and so I took a "nap" that lasted pretty much all afternoon. And soon, I'm going back to bed in an effort to get set on London time.

While I was on the Underground from the airport, I did see a bunch of people playing cricket in one of the fields (since, despite the name, the Underground isn't always under the ground, especially in the suburbs). It's the first time I've seen anyone actually playing when they weren't in a BBC miniseries about the 1920s.

I hope this will be the first and last London post without pictures. Tomorrow, I'll be a sane person with the right amount of sleep again. :)

No comments: