Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Summer is Over

Time to start studying for one of the most important tests of my life - second only to PC III, which would have sent me into hysterics if I'd failed it. (I predict only the normal volume of tears if I fail the bar, which I don't think I will. Shouldn't my fear level between the bar and PC III be switched? Hm.)

So for the next several weeks, I'm taking BarBri. I'm exceedingly glad we're having these preview workshops for a few days though. (I'm delightfully skipping over the oddities of listening to a lawyer who decided to regale her DVD audience that her 9 year old was having difficulty learning her multiplication tables, and that, for some reason, this meant that we had to work especially hard in memorizing our elements of negligence.) I have forgotten a lot. Torts, for instance.

Then there's that whole job search thing. I wish I could trace the entire path of my career goals throughout law school - I'm sure it'd be highly amusing. There was an entire stretch during PC that it went right off the 'lawyer' map and onto the 'anything else!' map of jobs, but I've recovered. Mostly. I'm still figuring it out though, and while I have a clearer picture of what I want to do with my life than just a month or so ago, I am really reticent to dive into the serious job search without more focus. It's probably just my own brain dancing its own little avoidance dance, but I'll let it have its fun for the time being.

I hope no one is expecting any startling realizations for the time being. The one with the most excitement in this family is Charlie, who has many stories about how he and the little Yorkie mix across the way keep missing each other on their trips outside. He sulks every time. He has a hard life.

No comments: