Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Half Way There

So as I begin my 2008 blogging, I realize that I am officially on the downward slope. I have less law school ahead of me than I have behind me and it's rather shocking that a) I've survived and b) so has Jon. I guess this sort of thing is more easily celebrated when your law school has semesters and not quarters that bridge over Christmas break, but I still consider it an achievement.

Well, it would be an achievement if I had actually done something over break. Last year, I came back from Christmas, having done nothing, and freaked out that exams were shortly following. I swore not to do it again... and so, of course, I did. It's difficult for me to learn the most basic of lessons, apparently.

I hope that the second half of this quarter will go well. I hope that the second half of law school will too. I even dare to hope that it will be better than the first half. I hope that the past year and a half hasn't been simply a sinkhole for my money, time and sanity, and that I will not become the law school equivalent of Charlie Brown. What can I say? I'm nothing if not an optimist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. I hope that the second half of law school is better than the first. I doubt it will be though considering we start PC in 7 months.