Wednesday, April 23, 2008

He Gets Better Health Care Than Me Too

My dog is spoiled rotten. But I didn't think I was one of THOSE dog owners (you know the ones I mean) because I do try to treat Charlie as a dog and not a child. Until today, when I ambled over to the newly opened Dogtopia doggie daycare here in Waco. We thought we would treat him to an occasional visit there to get him better socialized, since we won't be getting another dog for some time yet. The women that run the center spoke to me for some time about what Charlie would do there and their other services, which include the normal boarding and grooming, etc. And then they mentioned that they offer dog massages.

Massages. For dogs.

That's when I knew I was indeed one of those dog owners. Charlie came out of the evaluation - a short play date with the other dogs - with such a joy in his little quadruped step that I knew I would plunk down my credit card for pretty much anything he wanted. He's got us trained perfectly. Pretty good work for a dog that was on the streets and starving a year ago.

I do have a limit though - he doesn't get a spa day until I do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was dropping my dog off at Dogtopia, they mentioned that another Baylor Law student had brought her dog Charlie in yesterday. I must say, it is a life saver. I take my dog, Harley there when I need to study. We drop her off for a half day and when we pick her up she is so exhausted, that she just chills the rest of the evening.

Plus, their great with boarding. The first time we went, Harley had blisters on her paws. They called to let me know they had found them, had called the vet and could take her that day. The best part was that was part of the normal package, no extra charge.

Now, we have not cross the line of massages. I am with you, before she is getting one, I had better have my own!

Good luck with finals.

Yee said...

:) I'm glad to hear it - they were very nice and everything looked great, but it's good to hear a testimonial. LoL. I think we'll be doing a lot of half-days too but our pups probably won't meet that often - Charlie is apparently crazy enough that he's going to be with the bigger dogs in the "Romper Room". I think they're afraid his exuberance will crush little dogs. I kind of agree. Haha.

Thanks though - good luck with yours too!

Anonymous said...

I had the same reaction to doggie massages when I first heard of them. It was a section in a book I read on owning a dog. Now I give mini doggie massages to Ruby at least every other week. She loves them.

Yee said...

I give Charlie little back rubs too - especially after he's been sleeping in a weird position. He definitely melts like puppy butter. :) I'm not saying they're bad, just that I'm pretty sure I won't be paying for them. Not until I'm fabulously wealthy. Haha.