Friday, September 21, 2007

Dark, Seething Confusion

While roving around iTunes, my giftcard ready in my hot little hand thanks to generous interviewers, I noticed something. Nickelback's "Rockstar" is one of the top music video, song and ringtone downloads right now. Irritation (and a bit of nostalgia, as anyone would have that's heard Prof CivPro's opinion on the topic) welled up within me. Not only is this song kind of old, as I remember hearing it months back, but I also remember thinking how much I HATED it. Ugh. I don't get it. Are they being ironic? Are they saying that they DON'T do all that Hollywood, hypocritial crap that they spew in the lyrics? Or are they saying they do and they're laughing in our stunned faces? Either way, it IRKS me to the extreme. Nickelback has cemented itself into a category previously inhabited only by Creed - Bands That Make Fear for the Future of the Human Race.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

DIE NICKELBACK DIE DIE DIE

Anonymous said...

I you watch the music video it is mostly average people singing about how they want to be rock stars. It's kind of fun.

Yee said...

Maggie, eloquent as always. And so much more succint than I could ever be. :)

Anonymous, I actually just did watch the video. All that did was make me sad for some of my favorite people, namely Eliza Dushku, Wayne Gretzky and the guy from ZZ Top. *sigh* Also, will that kid from American Chopper ever not look like an idiot? Who has trouble lip-synching?

v said...

Listening to Nickelback makes me want to rip out my eardrums.