Monday, February 11, 2008

Oliver

I often post here about effective (or uneffective) ad campaigns. T-Mobile, Mastercard and Jack in the Box are frequent winners in my book, while those Alltell commercials are getting really tedious and I want to smack that smiley face from Wal-mart.

I'm watching the Westminster Dog Show (because I'm a dork who squeals over puppies and laments over poodles winning every freaking year) and the dog-related industries pull out all the stops. It's their Superbowl, after all. And Pedigree has to gain a gold star for the perfect mix of wanting to make me cry and endearing themselves to me, even though I think they sell crap food. I won't subject you to the first part of the Oliver story, which was run last year. It's heartbreaking. So I'm giving you the happy second part, which still makes me a bit teary. This year the abandoned dog is Echo. They haven't shown the second part for his story yet and I'm still weepy every time I see the first bit. Darn you, Pedigree, for having evil geniuses as ad men.

1 comment:

v said...

I agree. No one can make go from zero to crying in 30 seconds like Pedigree...or that SPCA ad with Sarah MacLachlan...or Hallmark.