Saturday, March 8, 2008

(Insert NASA Joke Here)

So I've recovered from a whirlwind 24 hours in Houston. When I got up at 6 am yesterday, I felt as if I were getting a head start on my break. Not so much, unfortunately. A job fair is tiring work - far more so than expected anyway. Charlie had to come with us and let me say that if I ever move to NYC, I'm going to have to live directly next to some sort of patch of grass. Walking even 2 blocks when the dog needs to go out at midnight would get very tiring very quickly - for me, not Charlie. He was quite the little metropolitan puppy and gladly trotted around the streets of Houston with us.

The hotel we stayed at was far fancier than expected. It was a little preview of returning to London - tiny but beautiful room and an expensive restaurant where we got stared at for not ordering wine. The only difference was that we didn't have to ask for water and there was ice in it. Best dinner I've had in a long time though.

Then on the way back, we somehow missed the Rt. 6 turn and ended up on Rt. 36/77. Talk about a difference from the opulence that we had just experienced...

No comments: