Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Officially Broken

Broken or old. I'm not sure. Either way, I'd been noticing my shoulder acting up lately. I don't exactly play sports, and I'm pretty sure my joints aren't predicting the upcoming weather patterns, so it was a mystery. When I sat down to work a couple nights ago, I leaned over my notes, felt the tell-tale twinge and said to myself, "Oh, duh." Yes, I've been writing too much. Or writing the wrong way. Or I'm just addicted to my computer to the point that hand-writing is physically strenuous.

Anyway, those little disposable heating pads that you stick on your body for 8 hours are *awesome*. When I went to get some from Target yesterday though, I was in the aisle with 3 women all over the age of 65. I managed to avoid feeling excessively old and frail before my time by remembering that I was buying Finding Nemo fruit snacks too, as if I'm 12. Still, I hope it's not a look into the future, and that I won't be buying those heating pads in bulk for my arthritis.

Of course, I'll take that in a second rather than being in the next aisle over in the incontinence section.

No comments: