Monday, September 22, 2008

Only Sorta About PC

I caught the ending of "The Usual Suspects" today, as I actually don't have so much reading that it'll make my eyes bleed (although I do still have to do *something* about my big direct/cross this Thursday - but yay! I have a witness!). Kevin Spacey always reminds me of that weird category of actor that both interests and repels me. Of course, so far he's the only one in that category. Most actors/actresses either repel me - i.e. Jeremy Piven or Teri Hatcher (nowadays - she was so cute in the 90s! What the eff happened to her???). Or they interest me, even if they are so very odd - i.e. Angelina Jolie making me wonder what she'll say when her kids start hearing about her pre-Pitt life or Tim Burton because I watched "The Nightmare Before Christmas"* over the weekend for the first time in 10 years and just have to wonder what's up with his brain.

I'm sure all these people are probably dull as dishwater in real life. Or, ironically, maybe the ones I find interesting are dull while Jeremy Piven and Teri Hatcher would gain my rapt attention. (I highly doubt this.) All I know is that I enjoy judging them by what they wear to awards shows. Which probably goes to show that I'm just as shallow as they are. Or maybe I'm the only shallow one. (I doubt that too - I can't be the only shallow one.)

If you thought there was a point to this, there's not. I just wanted to avoid reading for an extra few minutes and decided to ramble after reading about fashion mistakes at the Emmys. Although the shallow bit made me think of one of my favorite Futurama quotes, which makes me even happier. So there was a point. For me.

*I got it for my birthday and felt that I could stand to take 2 hours out of my weekend to finally watch it. Sheesh. Gimme a break.

3 comments:

Jeremy Masten said...

What's wrong with Jeremy Piven? His roles in Serendipity, Runaway Jury, and Say Anything are classics. He's not the supporting actor Steve Zahn is, but who is?

Yee said...

He just annoys me... mostly in Entourage. I can't watch that show because of him. I don't deny that he's not bad in some films, but he seems like he would annoy me in person. I don't usually let that bother me (for example, Mel Gibson seems like a real jerk at times, but I separate that from his acting), but in this case, it really does.

I didn't say I was being *reasonable*, just that that's what I feel about him. :)

Unknown said...

Aww, Nightmare Before Christmas. I love that film.

*dances around singing "This is Halloween"*

Okay, I'm really exhausted and need to stop working thirteen hour days on six hours of sleep.