Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Name-Calling


So Ms. ALV has suggested that I come up with a nickname for Jon, similar to her practice of calling her significant other "Mr. ALV". All my personal nicknames for Jon border on saccharine sweet. And I hate saccharine sweetness in public. (Seriously, who told some of these people that making out in public is a decent, civilized thing to do? I'm not your dentist or doctor or other health care provider - there is no reason I should be seeing your tongue!)

*ahem* Anyway, against my better judgment, I've decided to open the floor for suggestions. I'm just not that clever to do it myself. For those of you that don't know Jon personally, a few things you might want to consider:

-- He's a big geek. (I like geeks so I'm not being insulting.)
-- He's Asian. Chinese, to be exact. He doesn't speak the language though.
-- Although he's Asian, he's 6'1". It amuses me.
-- He's in training to be a computer science teacher.
-- He's very quiet and logical. Basically, the exact opposite of me.

Go for it.

4 comments:

Jeremy Masten said...

Given his height and his name, you could always go with the obvious "Little Jon."

I prefer to go with less obvious nicknames, tho, so maybe . . . Meatloaf. Or, a little more obvious, Yao.

ALV said...

Haha, I find Yao to be quite clever...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

How about... Yee?

Or Bevo? Or Wrath?

Or "Big BP" (Panda Bear)?