Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Como Se Dice, "Important Fact"?

My mother called me today, just as I was fighting the urge to put down my Negotiable Instruments outline and pick up my Wii controller. She was coming back from the court house and jury duty. She had called to complain to me about how boring the process was and how much she disliked the lawyers for both sides. I asked (half-jokingly) if they were Baylor lawyers, and she said, "I don't know. But when they told us who the lawyers had picked, one of them stood up and started talking to the judge. I had to lean over and ask the woman next to me what the man was saying. She said that he was telling the judge that he couldn't understand much English. None of the lawyers had asked that. Don't you think that's an important thing to ask?"

So I'm guessing no, they weren't Baylor lawyers.

4 comments:

Jeremy Masten said...

Probably from UT or SMU. Wait--then they wouldn't have passed the bar.

Yee said...

Ouch. Harsh, Jeremy. And that's coming from me. :P

Anonymous said...

Oh, they might have passed the bar, it just would have taken them two or three tries.

On the off chance they WERE from Baylor, they won't be for much longer, after Powell hunts them down and makes them eat their diplomas.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.