Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lawyers and Liquor - Together Forever

I've been rather boring for the past couple of days. This is why most vacations are usually only a couple weeks long - you just get burnt out constantly doing things. You need a vacation from your vacation. London seemed to agree, as it's been constantly raining and/or looking threatening to the point where staying home under the covers sounds SO much better.

Actually, on Tuesday, we honestly tried to do something both touristy AND lawyerly - we trekked all the way over to the Old Bailey to watch the criminal proceedings. Unfortunately, we had our backpacks... and cameras... and we came right in the middle of lunch hour (more like lunch two hours). So we downed our most expensive beers yet and toddled back to the Hall. Since I won't be bringing my camera back to the Old Bailey next time we go, here's a picture from the shady back road we took:

Last night, despite the rain, we did do one fabulous thing - we went to the Absolut Ice Bar. It was freaking fantastic, even if I was bitterly reminded of exactly why I left New York. They keep it at 5 below zero and serve the drinks in ice glasses. It's small and you only get a bit of time in there, but it was worth it. I understand the attraction of that ice hotel that they build up north every winter.

Me in the ice chair, looking stylish in my thermal cape (this is before I realized I had accidentally turned off my flash, but it lets the blue come out more, even if it is fuzzy):

Our wonderful bartender who let us stay between sessions since we showed up late and even gave us extra splashes of vodka in our drinks:

All us girls (and the discovery of the flash!):


Yes, definitely a must-see/must-drink if you're ever in London.

No comments: