Monday, December 18, 2006

Cursed

I have been subjected to not just traffic jams, but the strangest traffic jams in the world lately. Apparently, I can't be on the road without some horrific accident happening, usually about 20 miles and 3 hours of crawling traffic ahead of me. I think everyone got caught in the chemical spill if you were on I-35 South from Dallas to Waco coming back from Thanksgiving weekend. When I went home this past weekend, more strangeness ensued.

On the way, there was a sizeable slowdown because a horse carrier had been in a 3 car accident. The horse was (I think) alive - I thought I saw it move - but it was lying down on the side of the road with a blanket over it. Probably broke a leg or two. Not good.

Then, on the way back, I took 2 1/2 hours to go 3 miles as a semi had apparently burst into flame. It was still smoking as I went by. (Needless to say, I spent a large portion of these 2 1/2 hours calling Jon and bugging him about everything under the sun. It's my way of coping with impatience - making someone else impatient.)

I'm praying to the traffic gods that it doesn't happen again this weekend. More importantly, that I'm not the cause of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was driving to Dallas this Saturday around 3:30, and I couldn't believe how many accidents there were! It felt like every two miles there was some kind of traffic jam due to an accident. I thought it was just holiday/weekend traffic. Apparently, it all came from you. Hmmm....