Friday, December 1, 2006

I Heard 'Idiot' Is In This Year

I think I've been duped. During finals (my first law school finals, as I'm a fall starter) a girl knocked on my door and offered me magazine subscriptions. It was some school scholarship thing - I think we all had those annoying drives that we forced into for band, choir or (in my case) orchestra. I had visions of Office Space in my head, but I tried to be nice. I'm not normally nice to solicitors, but she was exceptionally good at seeming genuine and I wasn't keen on getting back to studying.

I signed up for Vogue. It might be a shock to all those who have actually seen me, as I tend to dress in Tshirts and jeans, but I did once dress well. I adore high fashion and probably know more about it than is healthy for a girl of my age and financial status. Plus, Jon makes this noise in his throat like a dying animal every time I pay newsstand price for the newest issue. He can spend $400 on a new video card (and did once - I nearly killed him) but paying $60/year for newsstand prices instead of a $20 subscription floors him.

But here it is, more than a month later, and I've seen neither hide nor hair of a fashion mag in my mailbox. I blame it on my complete lack of common sense during finals. Or at any other time for that matter.

In other fashion news, CBS is airing the Victoria's Secret fashion show on Dec. 5th. Featured guest is Justin Timberlake. (I suppose this is to pretend that this is for the benefit of women instead of men? I'm not sold. His sexy is not back. Nor was it ever here.) I suspect it'll be more popular than competitive cheerleading.

In honor of my fashion-themed post, I'm going to submit my first haiku for Haiku Friday:

Victoria's bras
Turning unkempt, dirty boys
Into fashion fans

No comments: